BSB60420 - Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management (Release 1)
Course Duration 78 Weeks (18 Weeks Break Inclusive)
TThis qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters. They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Download International Student Application Form Download Domestic Student Application Form
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Pathways from the qualificationAfter Completing BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management,students may articulate into further study of the Bachelor qualifications in Business or Management offered by any Australian Higher Education Providers.
Modes of Training and Assessment
This qualification is delivered in an institution-based environment with face-to-face delivery (20 hours per week). The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of in class learning activity, class demonstration, and class tutorials/workshop.
UCA draws on a range of assessment methods such as knowledge questions, research tasks, role-plays, case studies and observations. Depending on the unit requirements, a combination of methods is used to ensure collection of sufficient and valid evidence.
You will be required to complete some assessment tasks during your face to face hours and in your own time. A total of 3 to 5 hours per week is required for completing assessment in your own time.
- [Age Requirement]: At least 18 years old at the time of course commencement.
- [Knowledge Requirement]: Successful completion of BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management (or BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management); OR Successful completion of a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions). OR Have a minimum of 2 years of equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise.
- [English Requirement]: For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable), OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level, OR complete any AQF 5 - diploma course (or above) taught in English, OR pass the UCA English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Duration: 60 tuition weeks. (78 Weeks include break) The course consists of 10 units and is clustered into 6 groups in order to be delivered within 6 terms of full-time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB60420.
Total number of units = 10
Number of Core Units: 5
Number of Elective: 5
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBHRM613 Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies
- BSBFIN601 Manage organisational finances
- BSBSTR602 Develop organisational strategies
- BSBHRM614 Contribute to strategic workforce planning
- BSBPMG633 Provide leadership for the program
Please note UCA reserves the right to change its electives. Should such changes occur, you will be notified at the point of enrolment.
All your fees and payment schedule are listed on your Letter of Offer and Written Agreement. Course fees include enrolment fee, material fee, and other fees associated with the course. Fees are payable by cheque, money order, cash, internet or bank deposit. Other arrangements for payment could be organised based on individual needs.