BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management (Release 3)
Course Duration 52 Weeks (12 Weeks Break Inclusive)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Download International Student Application Form Download Domestic Student Application Form
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Pathways from the qualificationAfter completing the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, students may articulate into further study of the Advanced Diploma of Business/Leadership Management offered by any RTO or they may have opportunities to continue their studies in Bachelor Degree programs offered by any Australian Higher Education providers.
- [Age Requirement]: At least 18 years old at the time of course commencement.
- [Knowledge Requirement]: Year 12 completion or overseas equivalent; OR Successful completion of any AQF Certificate IV level (or above) courses in Business or in relevant field. OR Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in supervisory role.
- [English Requirement]: For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable), OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level, OR complete any AQF Certificate IV course (or above) taught in English, OR pass the UCA English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland..
Duration: 40 tuition weeks. (52 Weeks include break) The course consists of 12 units and is clustered into 4 groups in order to be delivered within 4 terms of full-time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB50420.
Note: please refer to the prior to enrolment kit for the course fee, cancel & refund policy, the enrolment term and condition, and the student welfare support service provided.
Total number of units = 12
Number of Core Units: 6
Number of Elective: 6
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
- BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
On your letter of offer, you could find your payment schedule, normally you will be required to pay your first term tuition fee as the deposit before commencing the course. Course fees include the enrolment fee, materials and access to equipment. Student must supply their own clothes and transport. Textbooks and replacement materials are extra. Fees are payable by Cheque, Money Order, Cash, Internet or Bank Deposit. Other arrangements for payment may be organised based on individual needs.