CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services (Release 2)
Course Duration: Domestic Students - 40 Tuition Weeks; International Students - 52 Weeks (12 Weeks Break and 40 Tuition Weeks Inclusive)
*Students in NSW: UCA is a NSW Smart and Skilled provider. You may be able to apply for subsidised payment from Smart and Skilled NSW. Please visit Smart and Skilled Information to check your eligibility.
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
This course includes a work placement of 100 hours to be completed within the course duration.
Download International Student Application Form Download Domestic Student Application Form
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
Pathways from the qualificationAfter Completing CHC52015 Diploma of Community Service,students may articulate into further study of the Advanced Diploma of Community Services or other Advanced Diploma level qualifications offered by any Australian RTO.
- [Age Requirement]: Be 18 years old or over.
- [Knowledge Requirement]:Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their successful completion of Certificate IV in Ageing Support or equivalent or has completed any Certificate IV level qualifications under AQF (LLN test is required if the applicant's qualification is not in care or community service field), or has relevant experience in personal care/community service field for more than 2 year.
- [English Requirement]: For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable), OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level, OR complete any AQF Certificate IV course (or above) taught in English, OR pass the UCA English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
- [Physical Fitness Requirement]All students need a reasonable level of physical fitness as the role involves direct personal care that involves physically assisting clients which involves bending and manual handling tasks.
Duration: 40 tuition weeks for both domestic and international students. (52 weeks for international student with 12 weeks breaks inclusive) The course consists of 16 units and is clustered into 4 groups in order to be delivered within 4 terms of full-time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CHC52015.
Note: please refer to the prior to enrolment kit for the course fee, cancel & refund policy, the enrolment term and condition, and the student welfare support service provided.
Total number of units = 16
Number of Core Units: 8
Number of Elective: 8
*100 hours Job Placement is required for completing this course
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs (A)
- CHCCSM004 Coordinate complex case requirements (A)
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management (A)
- CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision (A)
- CHCCSM007 Undertake case management in a child protection framework (A)
- CHCAGE001Facilitate the empowerment of older people (listed – other)
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion (listed – other)
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships (listed – other)
On your letter of offer, you could find your payment schedule, normally you will be required to pay your first term tuition fee as the deposit before commencing the course. Course fees include the enrolment fee, materials and access to equipment. Student must supply their own clothes and transport. Textbooks and replacement materials are extra. Fees are payable by Cheque, Money Order, Cash, Internet or Bank Deposit. Other arrangements for payment may be organised based on individual needs.